Executive Director – MIT Enterprise Forum of Atlanta
We are currently seeking a professional, innovative and enthusiastic Executive Director for Atlanta Chapter. This is a part time, hourly, work from home position averaging 25 hours per week. Salary range $25,000-$35,000 annually.
The MIT Enterprise Forum is a non-profit extension of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Alumni Association. There are 25 chapters world-wide whose mission is to promote technology entrepreneurship, innovation and business development. The Atlanta chapter is among the largest chapters and hosts 7-8 annual technology events a year. This is an all-volunteer led organization except for the Executive Director.
- Manage all aspects of 7-8 annual events including speaker coordination, venue, catering, online ticketing, website, marketing, social media, day of event execution and follow up. Event days are typically 12-13 working hours.
- Direct all business aspects of running a small non-profit organization including coordinating volunteers, managing marketing and sponsors, management of AP/AR in partnership with bookkeeper, financial documentation, website and database management, sponsor recognition, purchasing and other day to day activities.
- Develop relationships with community stakeholders, focusing on tech incubators, co-working spaces and technology media outlets.
- Manage weekly interface with Chairman of the Board, coordinating events, meetings, calendars, email and other ongoing projects as assigned or needed.
- Steward multiple volunteer boards and committees including 20+ volunteers.
- Attend in person: Executive, Program and Sponsorship committees as well as Advisory Board; create and distribute agenda and minutes; follow up on action items.
- Supervise Communications Manager position (part time) who writes and sends weekly eblasts, social posts, event programs and manages membership and nametags.
Education: Four-year college degree (BS/BA) in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or non-profit administration or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years related experience. Demonstrated ability to exercise good and timely judgment in complex situations. Demonstrated ability for strong communications and influencing skills along with public speaking and writing. Demonstrated ability to work independently, managing many competing priorities and never dropping the ball. Demonstrated ability to build sustain community relationships/partnerships Proven experience in influencing others and building relationships.
Management Experience: Minimum 5 years related management/supervisory experience. Experience working in an environment requiring flexibility and managing change.
Other: Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Also prefer experience in with 123 Sign Up database and ticketing management system (or similar), Word Press website content management system and familiarity (or similar) and Constant Contact (or similar). Physical stamina and strength to load, deliver and unload all event supplies including boxes, cases, signage and coolers.
Travel: Metro Atlanta only.